How often should you schedule air duct cleaning?
The HVAC system in your home needs to be cleaned regularly. Dirt, allergens, and pollutants will accumulate in the ductwork over time, and if they are not routinely removed, they can cause serious health issues. Cleaning the ducts also improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling system. Heat exchangers work more efficiently when the air in the ducts is clean.
How often should air ducts be cleaned?
The answer depends on the air quality inside your home. Dirty air ducts can:
- Increase health problems.
- Cause discomfort in sensitive individuals.
- Contribute to the growth of mold, bacteria, and other pollutants within the ductwork.
- Reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system by forcing it to work harder than it should, thereby burdening the fan motor.
Air ducts need to be cleaned because of the following reasons:
- Health problems.
- Visible mold growth.
- An excessive amount of dust and debris.
It is essential to note that air duct cleaning can be performed on days when these issues are not present. The higher the level of mold and bacteria, the longer it takes to clean out the ducts.
Benefits of Clean Air Ducts
Finding out how often air ducts should be cleaned is essential to enjoying the following benefits:
- Increased energy efficiency: Any reduction in ductwork efficiency means you are paying more for your utility expenses.
- Improved indoor air quality: If you are sensitive to specific allergens, your home’s indoor air quality can significantly impact your energy and vitality.
- Reduced mold and mildew growth: If you have moisture issues in your ductwork, you can help prevent mold and mildew from growing in the ducts by having them cleaned regularly.
- Increased comfort: Clean air ducts mean more comfort for you.
- Improved airflow: You can help improve airflow in your home by ensuring that the air distributed there is fresh.
- Keeping your air ducts clean is an essential home maintenance task that should be done annually. Contact duct cleaning companies today to schedule your yearly duct cleaning.
DIY vs. Professional Air Duct Cleaning.
There are some things that you should always leave to the professionals. Instead of doing it yourself, here are some reasons you should always hire a professional for air duct cleaning.
- Accessibility: You could probably do a DIY job if you had the proper equipment and expertise. However, chances are you don’t. Therefore, you must hire a professional team to clean your air ducts.
- Respiratory health: Your home has many toxins (like mold and bacteria). These materials can harm your well-being if you have brittle bones or poor lung function. The Environmental Protection Agency is keen on reducing toxins due to respiratory health issues in America.
- Fire hazard: The chemicals involved in a DIY air duct cleaning can lead to a fire.
- Experience: No one wants to hire an inexperienced crew. Professional cleaners have the necessary expertise to handle any job.
- Healthy air ducts are critical to the health and well-being of everyone in your home. By knowing how often air ducts should be cleaned, you can always maintain good air quality and air conditioning in your house.
What to Expect From an Air Duct Cleaning Service Provider.
Most companies will indicate to you how often air ducts should be cleaned, and their services include:
Contact Carr AC for Air Duct Cleaning Today
In conclusion, the question of how often air ducts should be cleaned should be answered by you. The answer will vary if you have family members with respiratory issues or own an old home that has not been renovated in many years.
Carr AC is here to clean your air ducts and assist with any other HVAC issues or maintenance you may have. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us clean your air ducts to improve your home’s air quality.
We also serve: